Every human being is unique and different. Our thought process and personality evolves based on hereditary factors, our own experiences, circumstances and a host of other factors.
While we can be in different parts of the world, belong to different religions, genders, age groups, social strata etc., yet we all have the Power to Think.
- It is possible for all of us to look at the brighter side of things, i.e. to see the ‘Glass Half Full rather than Half Empty’
Let us understand a very simple fact that Positive Thinking leads to Positive Action, an Optimistic State of Mind and a Sense of Well Being.
While some of us are either born optimists or turn out to be so, others tend to be pessimists, nay Sayers, doomsday anticipators, chief critics of every person and event, satirical and Negative Thinkers. We are not happy in this state, but are not able to change it.
What needs to be done? Some fundamental action points are as under:
1. ACCEPTANCE AND UNDERSTANDING OURSELVES
- Let us dispassionately examine ourselves to understand our own mental make-up, aspirations, strengths, weaknesses etc.
- Why do we think negatively, if at all?
- Do we feel that others have a better deal than us or are more fortunate?
- Are they more blessed or handsome?
- Are they rich or children of rich parents? And so on.
- What are our unfulfilled needs?
This list can be really long but finally we must ask, ARE THEY GENERALLY HAPPY, FULL OF LIFE AND UPBEAT?
Also in comparison in which state do we usually find ourselves.
POSITIVE PEOPLE do not necessarily have any of the above things more than us, but they have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and see THINGS DIFFERENTLY, i.e. opportunity (brightness) in every situation.
- So if we are Positive Thinkers and generally optimistic, we have to maintain this trait by not allowing negative thoughts into our brain’s sacred memory space. Resentments clog our hard disk.
- If we however find us to be generally pessimistic and critical, we need to acknowledge this without any worry and to start the journey towards training ourselves to Think Positively.
2. PRAYER AND FAITH HAVE IMMENSE POWER
Let us not go into the debate of believers and non-believers, also of rituals and dogmas.
- Let us pray to a HIGHER POWER OR GOD, as we understand him/her.
- This relationship is very personal and individual-essentially meant for a one-to-one sharing.
- There is never any problem between human beings and GOD, as we understand him/her, only the middlemen create the same.
- God is benevolent and always charitable.
- In the most trying circumstances Prayer uplifts us and it seems that the LORD is holding our hand.
- HAVE FAITH. The big decisions of life like the choice of ones life partner, career choices, and job changes though endlessly analyzed and reasoned out are ultimately a LEAP OF FAITH.
- We have faith in mother’s milk and her kindness, which cannot be belied, but should never be questioned. Whenever we are in distress, her voice and touch sooths and heals. Why? Faith.
- Ask any roadside vendor who barely makes two ends meet as how is he that day and the answer would invariably be –Thank God, I am fine or Thanks for your Blessings (in us also he sees God’s handiwork)
- MOST OF ALL LET US HAVE FAITH IN OURSELVES AND OUR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS (DIFFICULT? NO. HAVE FAITH AND SEE HOW EASY IT WILL BECOME)
3. INSPIRATIONS ARE POWERFUL-LET THEM WORK
- Life of Mahatma Gandhi is a complete journey of inspirations. The great scientist Einstein remarked that in the coming centuries people will refuse to believe that the Mahatma was merely a man of flesh and blood who walked this earth!
- Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison and still does not hold any rancor in his heart. He is a cheerful 90 years (young) today.
- Abraham Lincoln lost every election from the municipal one upwards but kept contesting at the next higher level till becoming President of the United States. Now that is self-belief.
- President Obama’s message of hope ‘YES WE CAN’ has become a buzzword of inspiration for all. The thinkers are already saying that ‘Obama is an IDEA whose time has come’.
We have started building a simple roadmap towards POSIVITISM